3. MATRIX FITNESS TOTAL SOLUTIONS PARTNER STRONG. SMART. BEAUTIFUL. GROUP TRAINING OVERVIEW TRAINING CYCLES CXP TARGET TRAINING CYCLE CXM TRAINING CYCLE CXC TRAINING CYCLE PROGRAMMING S-DRIVE PERFORMANCE TRAINER FEATURES PROGRAMMING S-FORCE PERFORMANCE TRAINER FEATURES PROGRAMMING ROWER FEATURES PROGRAMMING KRANKING ® KRANKCYCLE ® IMPLEMENTATION EDUCATION CONNEXUS CONNEXUS PERIMETER PERIMETER EXPANSION KIT CONNEXUS FREE CONNEXUS COMPACT CONNEXUS COLUMN CONNEXUS STEP+ CONNEXUS STORAGE CARTS CONNEXUS STORAGE STATION TRAINING SUPPORT MX4 TRAINING SYSTEM PROGRAMMING 4 10 18 24 30 36 42 54
31. ROWER A NATURALLY INTENSE ROWING EXPERIENCE Take advantage of the growing popularity of rowing in group formats by bringing our sleek, thoughtfully designed rower to your circuit. A small footprint that doesn’t sacrifice performance makes it easy to fit our rower between specialized stations, breaking up weight and functional training with a low-impact cardio workout that strengthens the entire body. A versatile, exceptionally comfortable design makes it easy to switch between sprints, distance rowing and high-intensity interval training, and accurate, complete data feedback will help your users measure improvement to get the most out of their precious workout time. Created specifically for the busiest circuit training environments, our durable, low-maintenance rower is ready for a steady stream of users, day in and day out. 31
37. KRANKING ® PARTNER WITH A LEGEND Conceived of by Johnny G, the creator of Spinning®, Kranking is an upper-body stationary cycle workout ideal for professional athletes, wheelchair users and anyone looking to build aerobic capacity, strength and endurance. Whether you offer a complete program or incorporate it into other regimens, Kranking is a unique way to expand your personal and group training offering. 37
14. CXM TRAINING CYCLE • Ideal for metric-focused group cycling classes or for use by riders on your cardio floor • LCD console clearly displays key metrics and offers intuitive operation when switching between watts, heart rate, RPMs or lap mode (compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth) • Narrow Q-factor optimizes ergonomics for a real outdoor riding feel • Low-maintenance, well-protected rear flywheel design includes magnetic resistance for smooth, repeatable adjustments and watt measurement within 10% accuracy • Contoured lever provides tactile feedback for quick resistance changes • Intuitive adjustments customize the cycle to each user’s body • Ergonomically sculpted seat relieves pressure on touchpoints • Multi-position handlebars include water bottle holders • Quick-release service panel and removable pedal cranks streamline service 14
15. CXC TRAINING CYCLE • Ideal for group cycling classes or for use by riders on your cardio floor • Narrow Q-factor optimizes ergonomics for a real outdoor riding feel • Low-maintenance, well-protected rear flywheel design includes magnetic resistance for smooth, repeatable adjustments • Contoured lever provides tactile feedback for quick resistance changes • Intuitive adjustments customize the cycle to each user’s body • Ergonomically sculpted seat relieves pressure on touchpoints • Multi-position handlebars include water bottle holders • Integrated device storage shelf keeps smartphones in view • Optional wireless LCD console clearly displays RPMs, calories, distance, time and even heart rate when used with a heart rate strap • Quick-release service panel and removable pedal cranks streamline service 15
19. S-DRIVE PERFORMANCE TRAINER DISCOVER INTENSITY + VERSATILITY Bring our self-powered performance trainer to your fitness center to offer members an incredibly versatile high-intensity interval training (HIIT) solution that is easily integrated into virtually any circuit program. Placed between weight or functional training stations, your members can take on all-out sprints, sled pushes or resistance work with difficulty settings just right for their goals. This multipurpose piece of equipment can help users of all ability levels improve conditioning and refine form with precise, immediate feedback from instructors. Since there’s no need to plug it in, you can set up this space-efficient unit wherever is best for your facility. 19
44. * As shown with optional med ball target, magnetic chalkboard and landmine attachment.
46. * As shown with optional med ball target, magnetic chalkboard and landmine attachment.
25. S-FORCE PERFORMANCE TRAINER INTENSELY DIFFERENT The S-Force Performance Trainer combines a specifically designed motion, two active positions and magnetic resistance to build speed and power and take HIIT workouts to the next level. The S-Force leverages intelligent biomechanics to create a rigorous exercise experience, whether you’re using it as a challenging part of your circuit, for small group training or as a stand-alone station on your cardio floor. As members move through a user-defined path that fits their individual stride, the magnetic system automatically increases resistance the harder they work. This progressive design means that each interval will challenge HIIT enthusiasts and even elite athletes. 25
29. PROGRAMMING ACCELERATE YOUR CIRCUIT S-FORCE HIIT PROTOCOLS Our complete collection of HIIT protocols include our exclusive Sprint 8 program, a variety of interval lengths and HIIT ladders to make group and circuit training more intense and engaging than ever. The diverse selection of high-intensity interval training will keep every session fresh, and the fat burning, muscle-building results will ensure that your members keep coming back for more. SPEED TECHNIQUE PROTOCOLS The Matrix Speed Technique Protocols combine the uniquely challenging designs of S-Force and the S-Drive Performance Trainer to take your athletes to the apex of speed. Simply follow our original protocols to help athletes of all kinds reach their ultimate potential in acceleration, top-end speed and change-of-direction movement. 29
48. CONNEXUS COMPACT • Ideal for adding complete functional training to unused spaces like flat walls and corners • Moveable low, mid and high attachment points offer training flexibility • Training handles offer easy accessory attachment and accommodate multiple resistance bands for quick transitions and efficient progressions • Hinged target protects walls by providing a durable surface for explosive throwing exercises with med balls • Pull-up bar with cushioned touchpoints and a neutral grip position accommodates wide and narrow grips • Chrome-plated landmine attachment allows trainers to incorporate more explosive power training into programming • Chrome-plated base anchor offers a convenient attachment point for battle ropes and resistance bands • Integrated storage space keeps functional accessories organized, out of the way and easily accessible 48
49. CONNEXUS COLUMN • Ideal for functional training with resistance bands and suspension straps in limited-space areas • Moveable low, mid and high attachment points offer training flexibility • Training handle offers easy accessory attachment and accommodates multiple resistance bands for quick transitions and efficient progressions • Integrated device storage keeps smartphones safely off the ground and in view for use with functional training apps while amplifying device sound • Built-in storage keeps bands out of the way and easily accessible • Space-efficient design mounts securely to the wall 49
17. PROGRAMMING PRECISE METRICS. EXHILARATING RIDES. Matrix Ride — our exclusive, all-original target training programming — makes it easy for trainers to lead a next-level cycling class that engages a wider range of members by focusing on meaningful metrics including watts, heart rate, RPMs, distance and calories. These focused, inclusive classes will quickly become the most popular events on your facility timetable while helping all who participate get measurable results. Designed to work with our CXP Target Training Cycle, our programming package includes an eight-hour workshop, an educational manual, lesson plans and more, giving trainers everything they need to create an industry-best cycling class that sets your facility apart from others in powerful ways. Trainers will learn how to get the most out of the CXP’s advanced features, including FTP testing, how to adjust the cycle to different body types and how to scale classes for different ability levels. They’ll also learn how to incorporate the CXP console’s LED color wrap to gauge member effort across a range of tangible metrics, develop a variety of metric-based goals to keep classes fresh and create an exciting group environment that brings camaraderie and competition to every cycling session. Choose CXP Target Training Cycles, and you’ll get access to a product-focused education workshop delivered by one of our Master Trainers at your facility. Along with your programming purchase, you can also download the Matrix Fitness Group Education app to put all of our signature training cycle programming at your fingertips. * Availability may vary by market 17
45. CONNEXUS PERIMETER • Wall-mounted system optimizes underutilized wall space • Offers broad training opportunity using bars, bands, med balls, boxing bags, TRX straps and more • Moveable low, mid and high attachment points offer training flexibility • Training handles offer easy accessory attachment and accommodate multiple resistance bands for quick transitions and efficient progressions • Suitable for individual, small group and class training • Optional expansion kit allows unlimited training potential • Optional med ball target can be used with slam balls and a wide variety of med balls to enhance power training programs • Optional magnetic chalkboard features storage slot for chalk, smart phone or tablet & allows trainers to post workout information in highly visible area • Optional landmine attachment allows trainers to incorporate more explosive power training into programming • Optional battle rope attachment for enhanced grip, overall strength and muscular endurance PERIMETER EXPANSION KIT • Kit anchors directly to Perimeter unit or another expansion kit to maximize training opportunity and optimize space and functionality • Enables you to create a circuit of unique stations or a small-group training area where multiple individuals can perform the same exercise at the same time • Offers broad training opportunity using bars, bands, med balls, boxing bags, TRX straps and more • Moveable low, mid and high attachment points offer training flexibility • Training handles offer easy accessory attachment and accommodate multiple resistance bands for quick transitions and efficient progressions • Optional med ball target can be used with slam balls and a wide variety of med balls to enhance power training programs • Optional magnetic chalkboard features storage slot for chalk, smart phone or Optional landmine attachment allows trainers to incorporate more explosive power training into programming • Optional battle rope attachment for enhanced grip, overall strength and muscular endurance 45
47. CONNEXUS FREE • Freestanding system with multiple training points and 360-degree access • Offers broad training opportunity using bars, bands, med balls, boxing bags, TRX straps and more • Moveable low, mid and high attachment points offer training flexibility • Training handles offer easy accessory attachment and accommodate multiple resistance bands for quick transitions and efficient progressions • Suitable for individual, small group and class training • Optional med ball target can be used with slam balls and a wide variety of med balls to enhance power training programs • Optional magnetic chalkboard features storage slot for chalk smart phone or tablet & allows trainers to post workout information in highly visible area • Optional landmine attachment allows trainers to incorporate more explosive power training into programming • Optional battle rope attachment for enhanced grip, overall strength and muscular endurance CONNEXUS OPTIONS Expand your training potential with Connexus options, including the med ball target, magnetic chalkboard for training tips and notes and landmine and battle rope attachments. 47
50. CONNEXUS STEP+ • Ideal for improving core, lower-body and cardiovascular fitness through a wide range of simple exercises like mountain climbers, push-ups, squats, dips and balance drills • Integrated hand grips in the legs allow users to perform push-ups and dips when the step is flipped upside down • Contoured balance surface provides consistent instability superior to an air bladder surface that can change based on the level of inflation or evaporation • Textured surface helps prevent slips while the 33 cm / 12.9" height trains users to step above traditional step height to help prevent falls • Non-slip foot pads with mechanical fasteners on the top and bottom provide excellent in-use stability • Optimized length and width accommodate users of virtually all sizes • Stackable design minimize footprint when stored • Cast-aluminum leg construction provides durability that outlasts traditional plastic steps 50
61. About Matrix Fitness Matrix is a brand of Johnson Health Tech (JHT). JHT has been producing premium fitness equipment since 1975 and is among the fastest-growing manufacturers of fitness equipment in the world. It has earned both ISO 9002 and 9001 certifications. A truly global company with 26 subsidiaries worldwide, JHT has the intellectual resources necessary to produce the most technologically advanced equipment on the market and the economies of scale needed to deliver the best value possible.
9. GROUP TRAINING OVERVIEW A BETTER WAY TO GET FIT: TOGETHER Group training is on the rise because nothing else provides the kind of motivation, camaraderie and accountability members need to try new things, persevere through tough sessions and keep coming back for more. We can help you differentiate your fitness facility’s offering by outfitting your studio, optimizing underutilized space and offering programming that appeals to a wide range of individuals. We’ll bring the best of our own equipment and programming, as well as exclusive offerings from industry experts, to help you attract new members and retain them in a way only engaging group training can. CARDIO Signature cardio programs are the foundation of group training, and we offer options that can appeal to members of all kinds. Challenge your members with the versatile intensity of our self-powered S-Drive and S-Force Performance Trainers. Add our rower to your circuit training program for a low-impact cardio workout that strengthens the whole body. Offer an upper-body stationary cycle workout that builds aerobic capacity, strength and endurance with the Krankcycle. You can even create an advanced, accessible group cycling experience with our exciting new Training Cycles. STRENGTH & FLEXIBILITY For group training solutions focused on strength and flexibility, our distinctive offering will give enthusiasts the kind of dynamic exercise experience they won’t find anywhere else. Our Connexus Functional Training System is nothing short of essential for classes where users perform weight-bearing exercises that reflect their daily activities. The smart, modular design of our Connexus collection offers flexibility and expandability, making it easy to transform underused spaces into functional training stations and expand your offering as interest in functional training grows. 9
13. CXP TARGET TRAINING CYCLE • Ideal for precision tracking during workouts that target watts, heart rate, RPMs, distance or calories, providing personalized intensity and progress metrics • Intuitive touchscreen offers engaging graphics and an LED color wrap that helps instructors and riders gauge intensity (compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth) • Interval, pace, heart rate, goal-based and HIIT workouts provide variety • Narrow Q-factor optimizes ergonomics for a real outdoor riding feel • Low-maintenance, well-protected rear flywheel design includes magnetic resistance for smooth, repeatable adjustments and watt measurement within 2% accuracy • Contoured lever provides tactile feedback for quick resistance changes • Intuitive adjustments customize the cycle to each user’s body • Ergonomically sculpted seat relieves pressure on touchpoints • Multi-position handlebars include water bottle holders • Forged steel pedal cranks include quick-adjust straps • Quick-release service panel, removable pedal cranks and dial levelers streamline service and setup TARGET TRAINING DISPLAY Our advanced CXP Target Training Cycle includes a unique display that makes it easier than ever to keep everyone in your class on track to reach their goals. Integrated FTP testing and a sub-max heart rate test help members establish personalized targets just right for their ability levels. Then an LED wrap lights with vibrant colors to help members maintain effort whether your class is tracking watts, calories, RPMs, heart rate or powering through a HIIT workout. 13
35. PROGRAMMING SIGNATURE PROGRAMMING FOR EVERY NEED ROWING When it comes to pure rowing, we provide all the ideas you need to get started. We offer aerobic workouts focused on rhythm, technique, proper breathing and a pace designed to maintain a steady heart rate; anaerobic threshold workouts that challenge rowers to achieve the same meters or time in each set; and race-pace workouts that emphasize short intervals of maximum effort. Each protocol includes warm-up and cool-down parameters to complete a workout experience. CIRCUIT TRAINING Incorporate our rower into your large or small group circuit training program to provide an engaging cardio workout between functional stations. Use the rower to complement your existing TRX stations, dumbbell stations, core stations, plyometric stations and more to provide the kind of full-body workout intensity that makes your circuit training program unlike any other. SPORTS PERFORMANCE TRAINING For serious rowing enthusiasts and professional athletes, our rower provides dynamic performance that’s as close to real rowing as they can get without getting in the water. Quick keys make interval training easy to access, and complete, accurate console data feedback helps instructors refine form and quickly adjust difficulty to help rowers reach their ultimate potential. 35
57. * Availability of the course varies by market. PROGRAMMING MX4 SMALL GROUP TRAINING COURSE* The MX4 Small Group Training Course is a workshop that teaches trainers and coaches how to run a successful, community-building small group training program that delivers results. Utilizing the Connexus functional training frame combined with the world’s best functional training tools, course participants will learn everything they need to help clients elevate their fitness in ways they never thought possible. Course includes: • Instruction on how to run a successful 30-minute small group training program that builds endurance, strength, power and cardio • Information about the unique benefits of small group training classes utilizing functional training systems like Connexus • Essential direction for setting up and coaching small group training classes effectively • Ways to integrate best-in-class functional training tools like the TRX suspension trainer, soft-shell med ball, flat circular bands, kettlebells, landmine, slam balls and battle ropes • Guidance on how to integrate traditional and non-traditional cardio exercises with functional training tools to maximize results • Access to an online exercise library demonstrating over 350 exercises • 12 unique 30-minute group training workouts for groups of 4 to 12 participants DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR EVERYTHING MX4 Available through the Matrix Fitness Group Education app, the MX4 Group Training Program gives your trainers complete access to all of our original MX4 programming, all in one place. Discover over 350 exercises featuring our Connexus, S-Drive, Krankcycle and Rower, plus best-in-class training tools like TRX suspension trainer, soft-shell medicine ball, flat circular bands, kettlebells, landmine and battle ropes. The program includes 52 weeks of progressive programming to keep every session fresh and engaging. 57
7. STRONG. SMART. BEAUTIFUL. It’s more than a tagline. It’s our holistic promise to you that these three qualities will shine through every product that hits your floor and define our ongoing partnership. STRONG Our high-quality, ultra-durable products are just as strong as our commitment to be your partner, not just your supplier. This strength gives us a solid foundation for success, today and in the future, and has made us one of the world’s fastest-growing commercial fitness brands. SMART We listen, and create products with a purpose in mind — to address your needs and resolve them in ingenious ways. Forward-thinking options redefine the exercise experience, for both you and your members. BEAUTIFUL Our products attract beginners and fitness enthusiasts alike. Every piece of equipment is approachable, unintimidating and a pleasure to use. We continue to set new industry standards through award-winning aesthetic distinction and incredible attention to detail. 7
11. TRAINING CYCLE OVERVIEW PRECISION ENGINEERED FOR A SUPERIOR CYCLING EXPERIENCE Our Training Cycles give you everything you need to attract more riders and make your group cycling classes a core part of their training regimen. All of our durable Training Cycles feature optimized ergonomics and intuitive adjustments that make it hassle-free for every member — no matter what their body type or ability level — to experience the feel of a real outdoor ride. From the seat to the handlebars to the controls, we’ve incorporated thoughtful design details that make each ride comfortable and natural. We’ve even simplified setup and service, so it’s easy to get your group class started and keep all your members happy with flawlessly functioning cycles. Step up to the CXM Training Cycle to take metric tracking to the next level, or completely redefine the cycling experience with the CXP Target Training Cycle featuring a console with an LED wrap that uses vibrant color to help members and trainers track effort. ADVANCED ERGONOMICS & ADJUSTMENTS The detail-oriented design of our Training Cycles begins with a narrow Q-factor that optimizes the position of the hips, knees and feet to comfortably mimic a real outdoor riding experience. A magnetic system provides smooth, consistent resistance changes to help riders transition from one portion of the ride to the next, while intuitive four-way adjustment with quick-touch operation and easy seat tilt make customizing the cycle to each user’s body virtually effortless. ENHANCED COMFORT & CONVENIENCE All of our Training Cycles include an ergonomically sculpted seat to relieve pressure on touchpoints, making even long, intense cycling classes comfortable. A contoured lever near the handlebars provides tactile feedback for on-the-fly resistance changes, and multi-position handlebars with an integrated water bottle holder provide a comfortable grip while keeping hydration easily accessible. STREAMLINED SERVICE & SETUP The low-maintenance, well-protected rear flywheel design of our cycles includes a quick-release service panel, easily removable pedal cranks and clearly identifiable internal components to make service a breeze for heavy-use facilities. Unlike traditional indoor cycles that require two wrenches to tighten or level the seat, our design requires only one Allen wrench to adjust the seat to the optimal position. 11
51. STORAGE CARTS • Keep options, accessories and attachments close at hand for easy setup and transition between classes or groups • Convenient storage pegs keep resistance bands, circle bands, jump ropes or battle ropes neat and organized • Info dock holds a tablet or smart phone, which enables users and trainers to access and view their screens during training • Dual storage shelves with rubber insert were designed to nest a wide range of accessories including kettlebells, slam balls, medicine balls, yoga mats and more • Heavy-duty casters facilitate movement between training stations and around facility • 3-shelf Storage Cart: Maximum capacity of 340 kg / 750 lbs. • 2-shelf Storage Cart: Maximum capacity of 227 kg / 500 lbs. STORAGE STATION • Ideal for storing and organizing a wide range of functional training accessories, from lightweight to heavy-duty • Two extra-large shelves offer rubber-cushioned surfaces for secure storage of kettlebells, slam balls, medicine balls and other bulky items • Secondary shelves provide ample space for accessories to be arranged by size or type • Angled pegs feature rubber endcaps for safety and provide convenient hanging storage for resistance bands, suspension straps, battle ropes and jump ropes • Open top rack makes space for stability balls, yoga mats and foam rollers • Open base provides additional space to stow steps, balance trainers and more • Directional placards clearly identify where each accessory belongs for easy organization • Heavy-duty steel frame stands up to the demands of high-traffic functional training areas 51
23. PROGRAMMING SUPERIOR CIRCUITS & BEYOND SMALL GROUP CIRCUITS By incorporating the S-Drive Performance Trainer in your small group circuit training, there’s no limit to the different ways your trainers and instructors can provide full-body workouts. By using the S-Drive Performance Trainer as a station and adding two TRX stations, two dumbbell stations, two core stations and a plyometric station, you can give members an unmatched exercise experience that improves both cardiovascular and muscular fitness. For facilities new to small group circuit training, we’ve created a turnkey nine-week protocol to help you get started with a program that attracts and retains new members. LARGE GROUP CIRCUITS For large group circuit training, alternating between the S-Drive Performance Trainer and other essential exercises can provide the intensity your members crave. For example, while one athlete begins with a low-resistance, long-stride walk on the S-Drive Performance Trainer, another athlete can take on complementing functional exercises like TRX chest presses, floor-based dumbbell exercises or core exercises. They would then switch, building cardiovascular, anaerobic and muscular endurance as they progress through sets that provide maximum results in minimum time. And just like for our small group circuit training, we’ve created a comprehensive turnkey protocol to help your facility get up and running immediately with a program that appeals to exercise enthusiasts of all ability levels. SPORTS PERFORMANCE TRAINING The S-Drive Performance Trainer provides high-intensity training ideal for helping athletes of all levels achieve their maximum potential. With the ability to simulate sprinting, sled pushing and resistance/parachute exercises, the S-Drive Performance Trainer can significantly enhance explosiveness and endurance. In addition, athletes can improve overall agility through a mix of forward, lateral or reverse movements. The S-Drive Performance Trainer’s unique design also makes it easier than ever for coaches and trainers to refine form with instant feedback and adjust resistance to create a program progression tailor-made for their athletes’ goals. REHABILITATION & ACTIVE AGING The S-Drive Performance Trainer can also provide significant benefits in environments where users are training to recover from an injury or older users are striving to maintain functional health. Full perimeter handrails help make entering and exiting easy and secure, a true zero starting speed accommodates users of any fitness level, and the self-powered design provides a more natural gait than traditional treadmills. 23
62. Matrix Fitness 1600 Landmark Drive Cottage Grove, WI 53527 USA matrixfitness.com © 2018 Matrix Fitness. All Rights Reserved. Strong • Smart • Beautiful AUTHORIZED MATRIX FITNESS DISTRIBUTOR
53. TRAINING SUPPORT TRX SUSPENSION TRAINING MODULE Developed by the head of education for TRX Suspension Training, the Connexus TRX Module brings the intense challenge and superior results of TRX training to your Connexus group functional training installation. The Connexus TRX Module is a progressive, four-week program with two original weekly workouts for small group or one-on-one training. BAND & BALL MODULE The Band & Ball Module is a progressive, four-week program with three original weekly workouts that build strength and power using resistance bands and slam balls that teach the body to work as an integrated system. Workouts are easily modified for greater or less intensity and are applicable for small group or one-on-one training. BOXING MODULE The Connexus Boxing Module is a progressive, four-week program with three original weekly workouts that engages the legs, hips, glutes, core, obliques, back, shoulders, chest and arms by punching against resistance. Workouts are easily modified for greater or less intensity and are applicable for small group or one-on-one training. EXERCISE LIBRARY Access a complete index of over 200 Connexus exercises that instructors can use to build and choreograph their own original classes and training routines. They can also use the library to modify existing programming by finding alternate exercises to raise or lower program intensity for members of varying skill and fitness levels. Visit our expansive online Exercise Library or Matrix Learning (www.matrixlearningcenter.com) to see images and videos of each exercise. 53
55. * Availability of Master Trainers varies by market. MX4 TRAINING SYSTEM INSPIRE MEMBERS. DELIVER RESULTS. AND DRIVE REVENUE LIKE NEVER BEFORE. If you’re looking to drive revenue and differentiate your group training offering in a way that attracts, engages and retains members, then you need to bring the MX4 Training System to your facility. Only MX4 combines Matrix-exclusive equipment and original turnkey programming to create a signature group exercise experience that members will invest in and commit to more frequently. PROGRAMMING FOR EVERYBODY. AND ANY BODY. Our original turnkey programming addresses multiple aspects of fitness — cardio, power, strength and endurance — for a complete exercise experience. You can modify programming to fit members of all ability levels, and scale the program to accommodate small groups or large groups, easily expanding as popularity grows. LEARN FROM CERTIFIED MASTER TRAINERS* Our Certified Master Trainers will come to your facility to teach you and your trainers everything you need to help participants establish overall conditioning, enhance their existing abilities and elevate their fitness with MX4. POWERED BY MATRIX-EXCLUSIVE EQUIPMENT The MX4 Training System leverages Matrix-exclusive equipment like our Connexus Functional Training System, S-Drive Performance Trainer, Rower, Krankcycle and S-Force Performance Trainer. These unique tools can be used in virtually limitless combinations to keep group training fresh and engaging so that your members are sure to come back for more. 55
58. TRAINING CYCLES FEATURES CXP SPECIFICATIONS CXM SPECIFICATIONS CXC SPECIFICATIONS Power Measurement (Watt) Direct (flywheel hub) via torque sensor (+/- 2% tolerance) Calculated No Console Target Training capacitive touchscreen Backlit LCD Optional LCD Generator Powered Ye s Ye s No Training Intensity Guide Ye s No No Telemetric HR Ye s Ye s Ye s WiFi Enabled Ye s No No ANT+/Bluetooth Enabled Ye s Ye s No Asset Management Compatible Optional No No Workout Tracking Compatible Optional No No Resistance System Magnetic Magnetic Magnetic Emergency Stop Push Push Push Flywheel Rear, aluminum, evenly-weighted Rear, aluminum, evenly-weighted Rear, aluminum, evenly-weighted Adjustment Type Quick-touch levers Quick-touch levers Quick-touch levers Posts & Sliders Aluminum, pin-to-lock adjustment Aluminum, pin-to-lock adjustment Aluminum, pin-to-lock adjustment Handlebar Adjustments Vertical & horizontal Vertical & horizontal Vertical & horizontal Saddle Ergonomically sculpted seat Ergonomically sculpted seat Ergonomically sculpted seat Handlebar Ergo-formed, multi-position, soft PVC Ergo-formed, multi-position, soft PVC Ergo-formed, multi-position, soft PVC Saddle Adjustments Vertical & horizontal Vertical & horizontal Vertical & horizontal Water Bottle Holder Dual, integrated on handlebar Dual, integrated on handlebar Dual, integrated on handlebar DRIVE SYSTEM Drivetrain Flexonic belt Flexonic belt Flexonic belt Drivetrain Gear Ratio 1:10 1:10 1:10 FRAME Frame Color Matte black Matte black Matte black Frame Material Steel Steel Steel Shrouds & Guards Full frame Full frame Full frame Frame Design Off-set Off-set Off-set Q Factor 155 mm / 6.1" 155 mm / 6.1" 155 mm / 6.1" Crank Type Forged steel 170 mm Forged steel 170 mm Forged steel 170 mm Pedal Type Dual-sided SPD & easy-fit strap Dual-sided SPD & toe cage Dual-sided SPD & toe cage Frame Stabilizer Bars Oversized, hidden bolts & fixings Oversized, hidden bolts & fixings Oversized, hidden bolts & fixings Protection Plates Yes with rear-access stretch plates Ye s Ye s Leveling Feet 4; with 2 rear easy-access dial levelers 4 4 Transport Wheels 2 2 2 TECH SPECS Overall Dimensions (L x W x H) 122.4 x 56 x 102.8 cm / 48.2" x 22.2" x 40.5" 122.4 x 56 x 102.8 cm / 48.2" x 22.2" x 40.5" 122.4 x 56 x 102.8 cm / 48.2" x 22.2" x 40.5" Product Weight 57.6 kg / 127 lbs. 56.5 kg / 124.5 lbs. 55.2 kg / 121.6 lbs. Max User Weight 158.76 kg / 350 lbs. 158.76 kg / 350 lbs. 158.76 kg / 350 lbs. Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
43. THE CONNEXUS ADVANTAGE EXCITING, ATHLETIC, VERSATILE FUNCTIONAL TRAINING Ideal for functional training classes where users perform weight-bearing exercises that reflect their daily activities, Connexus gives club owners and trainers maximum flexibility, virtually unlimited expandability and the ability to offer immediate feedback to help refine user form. A variety of attachment points accommodate a wide range of accessories and training modalities, so you can create a class that serves each distinct group’s fitness level and unique needs. VERSATILITY Our Connexus functional training stations feature numerous attachment points that accommodate a wide range of accessories and training modalities including bars, bands, med balls, boxing bags, TRX straps and more depending on the station that’s right for your facility. This gives trainers ultimate flexibility to design their own protocols and the ability to build variety into the programming they offer individuals, small groups and classes. ADJUSTABILITY Connexus features low, mid and high anchor points that accommodate body weight, resistance and flexibility training for a wide range of individuals and ability levels. Plus, easy-release attachment point simplify setup and transitions between exercises to keep classes and training sessions moving smoothly with little downtime. EXPANDABILITY Expansion kits for Connexus Perimeter offer an efficient and cost-effective way to add training capacity and accommodate as many group or circuit training stations as your space allows. You build out the system that suits your needs; Connexus is not one-size- fits-all. REPEATABILITY We designed Connexus for small group training as well as functional training classes in which multiple users can perform the same exercises at the same time. ACCESSIBILITY The simple setup and operation along with the vast array of possible exercises make it easy for beginners to try Connexus for the first time and for experienced athletes to use it for regular training. While ideal for group training, Connexus works just as well for individuals looking to augment their own strength or flexibility training between classes. 43
41. IMPLEMENTATION KRANKING Kranking classes offer a wide array of options including strength training, high intensity, endurance and base building. Kranking classes can vary in length and should be led by a qualified instructor. KRANK FUSION The Krankcycle can be easily integrated into indoor cycling classes, providing a full-body workout and also giving users with disabilities the opportunity to participate in an indoor cycling class. KRANK EXPRESS Krank Express is done in a small-group setting on the main cardio floor, making it very visible and highly accessible. There is no microphone or studio music required. KRANK PT Personal trainers can use the Krankcycle to work one-on-one with their clients to restore balance and symmetry in the upper body, increase strength and endurance, and effectively manage weight. KRANK CIRCUIT TRAINING A great addition to any circuit-training program or MX4 workout, the Krankcycle provides an upper-body strength or cardio station to expand training variety. EDUCATION At the heart of Kranking is Johnny G Kranking Education, an institution that develops, researches and oversees all aspects of Krankcycle instruction. Also available free of charge is the Krankcycle Activation Program. While not an official certification, the activation program offers a series of online learning tools that make it easy to get up and running with your Krankcycle. Register for the Activation Program at www.krankcycle.com/activate. JOHNNY G KRANKING INSTRUCTOR TRAINING WORKSHOP .8 ACE CECs, .8 NASM, 7.5 AFAA CEUs, CAN FIT PRO 4 FIS / 4 PTS CECs • Teaching methods & class design • Krankcycle setup, fitting & operation • The Johnny G Energy Training System • Personal training applications • Biomechanics & physiology of Kranking • Implementation & integration • Kranking & special populations • 2–3 hours of practical training 41
39. FEATURES UNIQUE DESIGN. PULSE-POUNDING PERFORMANCE. EXERCISE VARIETY Independent crank arms provide greater variety of movement to keep users engaged. QUICK TRANSITIONS Ergonomically designed saddle allows easy transition between seated and standing exercise positions. INCREASED MUSCLE ACTIVATION Adjustable crank-arm height encourages greater range of muscle activation. MULTI-DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENT Crank and flywheel assembly rotates to accommodate forward and reverse movements. TRAIN FOR SPEED AND POWER Shorter crank arms and narrow crank axis encourage speed and power training. WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE Krankcycle is wheelchair accessible when purchased without the seat. ENHANCE YOUR CIRCUIT Easily integrates into a functional circuit as an upper-body cardio station. OPTIONAL COMPUTER Add the optional ANT+ computer to the Krankcycle for workout feedback and a more personalized class experience. Instructors can use the computer feedback to incorporate heart rate and cadence work into group classes. 39
33. FEATURES THE FINEST ROWING EXPERIENCE OUT OF THE WATER SMOOTH, QUIET PERFORMANCE The sleek-yet-robust design offers whisper-quiet operation, a smoother stroke, easy adjustment and repeatable resistance levels to create an unmatched rowing experience. MAGNETIC RESISTANCE A brushed aluminum flywheel with 10 precise magnetic resistance settings offers challenge to first-time users and experienced rowers alike. SELF-POWERED CONSOLE An adjustable, backlit console makes it easy to see complete workout data to help users measure their improvement, and the self-powered design lets you put our rower anywhere on your cardio floor. QUICK KEYS Clearly defined quick keys offer instant access to popular training programs at the touch of a button. ERGONOMIC SEAT The thoughtfully sculpted seat makes intense training sessions more comfortable than ever, and a unique seat lock offers excellent stability when getting on or off the rower. TOUGH, LIGHTWEIGHT HANDLE Long, reinforced handle includes a comfort-enhancing over-mold that allows both large and small users to comfortably pull stroke after stroke. ADJUSTABLE HEEL CUPS Designed to accommodate a wide range of users and allow for free movement of the heel, our heel cups include quick release buckles that let users quickly get off the rower, ideal for circuit training. EASY STORAGE Our rower tilts up to minimize its footprint, and built-in wheels make it easy to roll the rower into storage or to a new place on your circuit training floor. LASTING DURABILITY A high-quality cord is paired with a long aluminum rail reinforced with stainless-steel strips to stand up to a steady stream of users in the busiest exercise environments. 33
4. GET MORE THAN THE WORLD’S FINEST FITNESS EQUIPMENT When you choose Matrix, you’re getting more than the world’s finest fitness equipment. You’re getting a partner that will be there, for your grand opening and every day after. Together, there’s no detail of your business that we can’t refine, reimagine or reinvent. And that includes your bottom line. * Availability of financing options varies by market. FACILITY PLANNING Your space. Your goals. Your budget. We’ll help bring your fitness center to life from your earliest ideas to the day you open your doors. CERTIFIED INSTALLATION/SERVICE KIT Maximize uptime. Optimize your investment. We provide all the tools you need to get up and running and stay that way. INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTIES Our promise of quality to you. We offer all of the protection you need to choose confidently, and know that you’ve chosen the products with the lowest cost of ownership in the industry. DEDICATED SALES SUPPORT Protect your investment with our Preventive Maintenance Program — in addition to the regular tips we provide to extend equipment life, you’ll get routine maintenance visits performed by expert technicians, all customized to your equipment and schedule. FINANCING* Whenever possible, we work with our customers to develop financial solutions that expand their options and maximize their investments. UNMATCHED CUSTOMER SUPPORT A 93% first-time fix rate. A 90% live answer rate in two minutes or less. A 48-hour service response window. 200 service providers with over 700 technicians to serve you. And with our amazing console technology, we can provide diagnostic services remotely or on site. MATRIX LEARNING Product training. Maintenance tips. Career building. On-demand educational videos. A whole new world of service and support. It’s all at your fingertips with Matrix Learning (matrixlearningcenter.com). TOTAL MARKETING SUPPORT KIT You want to let clients know about the exciting programs and products that make your facility different, and we want to help. Ask us about customized promotional materials to help you reach and retain clients like never before.
27. FEATURES INTENSE BY DESIGN MAGNETIC RESISTANCE SYSTEM Smooth, quiet magnetic resistance system and a specifically designed motion provide low-impact, high-intensity exercise. PROGRESSIVE WORKOUTS With increased speed comes increased resistance, creating challenging, progressive workouts. TWO ACTIVE POSITIONS The upright position targets calves and hamstrings, while the acceleration position works the shins and quadriceps. SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED MOVEMENT User-defined path accommodates up to a 91 cm / 36” stride length. CONSOLE Adjustable backlit console provides complete, easy-to-read feedback. INTUITIVE USE Clearly defined quick keys offer instant access to Sprint 8, interval training and goal-based training programs. ERGONOMICALLY SOUND GRIP Contoured handlebars offer multiple grips, facilitating the upright and acceleration user positions. COMFORT & STABILITY Foot platforms and an ergonomically sculpted seat provide stability when entering and exiting the product. VERSATILITY OF PLACEMENT Cord-free design and integrated wheels make it easy to place the unit anywhere in your facility. 27
21. FEATURES A SIMPLY INTENSE TRAINING EXPERIENCE INTUITIVE SETUP & USE The S-Drive Performance Trainer requires very little setup or training, making it perfect for group training environments like circuit training where quick transitions are essential. SLED BRAKE A sled brake with eight settings provides a true-to-life weighted sled pushing experience and helps coaches and trainers develop effective progression programs. PARACHUTE BRAKE A parachute brake with 11 settings gives users the feel of real parachute resistance, ideal for indoor sprint drills without extra gear or access to a large track or field. ADJUSTABLE HARNESS An intuitive, effortlessly adjustable harness offers easy entry and exit while allowing for a complete upper-body range of movement. Its unique frame-mounted design helps users improve sprinting form and helps trainers observe multiple sprint phases while providing real-time feedback INDEPENDENT RESISTANCE ADJUSTMENTS The sled and parachute brakes can be used individually or together to vary between cardio and strength-building workouts, accommodating even the most advanced athletes. DEDICATED SLED BAR A sturdy, built-in bar simulates sled pushing and pulling without needing the space to use a traditional sled. It also eliminates the risk of pushing a traditional sled in a small space with other athletes. FULL HANDRAILS Full perimeter handrails help make entering and exiting easy. They can be used for stability during lateral movement exercises in athletic training environments and for support in rehabilitation environments. IDEALLY ANGLED The 7-degree incline is ideal for building strength and explosiveness with proper form, whether the user is performing forward, lateral or reverse movements. TRUE ZERO START & UNLIMITED TOP SPEED Users are not constrained to preset belt speeds, so a wide variety of users can match their workout experience to their needs and fitness goals. LOW-INERTIA DESIGN A low-inertia design offers true-to-life ground reaction force and quick deceleration, ideal for high-intensity interval training. HEAVY-DUTY DECK A heavy-duty deck design stands up to the most intense workout environments and accommodates larger users in rehabilitation environments. SELF-POWERED DESIGN The S-Drive Performance Trainer can be placed wherever it fits best in your facility — in line with circuit training equipment or in special areas devoted to HIIT training — without the hassle of finding a place to plug in or changing batteries. LOW STEP-ON HEIGHT A 17.8 cm / 7" step-on height makes the S-Drive Performance Trainer easily accessible, essential for rehabilitation and active aging environments. 21
59. KRANKCYCLE ® FEATURES SPECIFICATIONS Drive System Chain drive Frame Steel base frame with cast iron frame treated with zinc oxide and polyester powder coating TECH SPECS Overall Dimensions (L x W x H) 144 x 68 x 105 cm / 56.5" x 26.8" x 41.5" Weight 57 kg / 142.4 lbs. Max User Weight 158.76 kg / 350 lbs. ROWER CONSOLE SPECIFICATIONS Display Screen Extra-large backlit LCD display Display Feedback Time, Distance, SMP (strokes per minute), Stroke, Watts, Heart Rate, Calories, 500 m/split Programs Manual, Interval, Challenge Telemetric Receiver Ye s TECH SPECS Resistance Technology Magnetic resistance Resistance Levels 10 Drive System Coil spring poly-V belt Max User Weight 158.76 kg / 350 lbs. Product Weight 55 kg / 121 lbs. Shipping Weight 65 kg / 144 lbs. Overall Dimensions (L x W x H) 222.9 x 80.12 x 57.7 cm / 87.8" x 31.5" x 22.7" Power Requirement Generator powered LCD display w/ back-up memory battery SPECIAL FEATURES Handlebar Design Extra-long ergo-grip handlebar Foot Stretchers Adjustable heel cups with easy-to-read settings Monorail Aluminum S-FORCE PERFORMANCE TRAINER CONSOLE SPECIFICATIONS Display Screen Extra-large backlit LCD display Display Feedback Time, Distance, SPM (steps per minute), Steps, Heart Rate (with heart rate strap), Calories Programs Sprint 8, Goals, Interval, Challenge Telemetric Receiver Ye s TECH SPECS Resistance Technology Magnetic Resistance Max User Weight 181.4 kg / 400 lbs. Product Weight 132 kg / 290 lbs. Shipping Weight 155 kg / 340 lbs. Overall Dimensions (L x W x H) 182 x 69 x 166 cm / 72" x 27" x 66" Power Requirements 3 D-cell batteries SPECIAL FEATURES Stride Length 91.4 cm / 36" Resistance Levels 5 Handlebar Design Multi-position handlebar Pedals Self-leveling with quick-release strap Transport 3 wheel transport CONNEXUS PRODUCT DIMENSIONS PRODUCT WEIGHT RECOMMENDED TRAINING AREA MAX LOAD WEIGHT METRIC (CM) ENGLISH (IN) METRIC ENGLISH METRIC (CM) ENGLISH (IN) METRIC ENGLISH L W H L W H KG LBS. L W L W KG LBS. GFTWM – Perimeter 275 158 239 108 62 94 225 496 600 430 238 169 N/A N/A GFTEXP – Expansion Kit 244 158 239 96 62 94 175 386 Adds 200 x 400 cm / 96" x 168" to training area N/A N/A GFTFS – Free 290 277 239 114 109 94 315 694 800 800 312 312 N/A N/A GFTMB – Optional Med Ball Target 193 86 13 76 34 5 50 110 GFTCB – Optional Magnetic Chalkboard 109 60 17 43 24 7 18 40 GFTLM – Optional Landmine Attachment 36 13 10 14 5 4 3 7 GFTCOR – Compact 82 165 240 32.3 65 94.4 205 452 426 426 168 168 N/A N/A GFTSLR – Column 44.5 16.1 212 17.5 6.3 83.5 25.5 56.2 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A GFTSS – Step+ 70.5 38.1 32.7 27.8 15 12.9 8.4 18.5 N/A N/A N/A N/A 136 300 GFT2S – 2-shelf Storage Cart 79 109 122 31 43 48 73 161 N/A N/A N/A N/A 227 500 GFT3S – 3-shelf Storage Cart 79 123 174 31 48 68 104 229 N/A N/A N/A N/A 340 750 GFTORG – Storage Station 85 140 185 33.5 55.1 72.9 160 352.7 N/A N/A N/A N/A 363 800 S-DRIVE PERFORMANCE TRAINER FEATURES SPECIFICATIONS Resistance Type Independent sled and parachute brakes User Harness Adjustable, connection free harness Deck Type Reversible silicone 2.5 cm / 1" deck Belt Type Habasit, 2-ply commercial grade Running Area 152 x 51 cm / 60" x 22" Step-on Height 17.8 cm / 7" Incline Range 7° fixed Speed Range User-defined TECH SPECS Power Requirements Self-powered Sled Brake Maximum Resistance 122.5 kg / 270-lb. Sled on natural turf Assembled Dimensions (L x W x H) 195 x 88.3 x 150 cm / 76.8" x 34.8" x 59" Max User Weight 182 kg / 400 lbs. Assembled Weight 122.5 kg / 270 lbs. Shipping Weight 145.2 kg / 320 lbs.
60. A TRULY GLOBAL COMPANY Australia / New Zealand Johnson Health Tech Australia Pty. Ltd. p: 61-3-5136-3100 e: [email protected] w: au.matrixfitness.com Brazil Johnson Health Tech Brasil p: 55-19-2107-5300 e: [email protected] w: br.matrixfitness.com Canada Johnson Health Tech Canada/STAK Fitness p: 514-336-0006 e: [email protected] w: ca.matrixfitness.com China Johnson Health Tech (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. p: 86-21-32503800 e: [email protected] w: cn.matrixfitness.com Denmark Johnson Health Tech Denmark p: 45-2225-5657 e: [email protected] w: dk.matrixfitness.com France Johnson Health Tech France p: +33 (1) 30 68 62 80 e: [email protected] w: fr.matrixfitness.com Germany / Austria Johnson Health Tech GmbH p: +49 (0) 2234/ 9997-100 e: [email protected] w: de.matrixfitness.com Greece / Cyprus / Bulgaria Johnson Health Tech Hellas SA p: 30-211-4112797 e: [email protected] w: gr.matrixfitness.com Hong Kong Johnson Health Tech - Hong Kong p: 852-2302-0596 e: [email protected] w: hk.matrixfitness.com Italy Johnson Health Tech Italia Spa p: 39-073-62269 e: [email protected] w: it.matrixfitness.com Japan Johnson Health Tech Japan p: 81-3-5419-3560 e: [email protected] w: jp.matrixfitness.com Korea Johnson Health Tech Co., Ltd. Korea p: 82-2-6731-0175 e: [email protected] w: kr.matrixfitness.com Malaysia Johnson Fitness (Malaysia) SDN. BHD. p: 60-3-5632-8273 e: [email protected] w: my.matrixfitness.com Mexico Johnson Health Tech Mexico SA de CV p: 52-55-2282-4720 e: [email protected] w: mx.matrixfitness.com Netherlands / Belgium / Luxembourg Johnson Health Tech Netherlands B.V. p: 31-30-2445-435 e: [email protected] w: nl.matrixfitness.com Philippines Johnson Health Tech Philippines Inc. p: 63-2-631-5810 e: [email protected] w: ph.matrixfitness.com Poland Johnson Health Tech Sp. Z O. O. p: 48-222-809-430 e: [email protected] w: pl.matrixfitness.com Romania Johnson Health Tech Romania SA p: 44-771-581-246 e: [email protected] w: ro.matrixfitness.com Spain / Portugal Johnson Health Tech Ibérica SL p: 34-914-885525 e: [email protected] w: es.matrixfitness.com Switzerland Johnson Health Tech (Schweiz) GmbH p: 41-44-843-30-30 e: [email protected] w: ch.matrixfitness.com Taiwan Johnson Health Tech-Taiwan p: 886-4-25667100 e: [email protected] w: tw.matrixfitness.com Thailand Johnson Health Tech (Thailand) Co., Ltd. p: 66-2-7519-360 e: [email protected] w: th.matrixfitness.com United Arab Emirates / Jordan / Kuwait / Oman / Qatar Johnson Health Tech United Arab Emirates p: 971-44567939 e: [email protected] w: ae.matrixfitness.com United Kingdom Johnson Health Tech UK Ltd p: 44-1782-644900 e: [email protected] w: uk.matrixfitness.com United States Johnson Health Tech North America p: 866-693-4863 e: [email protected] w: matrixfitness.com Vietnam Johnson Health Tech (Vietnam) Co. Ltd. p: 84-8-38227011 e: [email protected] w: vn.matrixfitness.com