7. Perform at your best. Add something new to your strength routine. Add challenge. Add motivation. Add a feeling of achievement. Add a pure feel of power. Achieve your best performance. To be a strong athlete, to be a strong team mate, to be a strong parent, to be a strong person, to be a strong you. Achieve your best with strength training that is at one with your body because it draws at the essence of strength itself.
3. 3 Over the last 25 years Technogym’s mission has been to promote a Wellness lifestyle. In our desire to bring a human-centered approach to product development, we have focused on biomechanics, ergonomics and end user performanc e. To guarantee each user with the best possible training experience, we have matched produc ts to individual needs, helping achieve desired results and offering new stimulating challe nges. Our latest innovation to fulfill this mission is PUR ESTRENGTH™, a new concept in plate loaded equipment. PURESTRENGTH™ is the essence of strength training that combines performance and ergonomic principles to help users to achieve a dvanced strength training objectives in complete safety whilst creating a challenging exper ience with the freedom and feel of free weights. The strength to perform with champions.
5. Champions train with Technogym. rit age, your Strength. 2004 ATHENS 2006 TURIN 2008 BEIJING Official Supplier to Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, we’ve made it happen. By matching human aspirations with the highest form of strength. r where it can take you. How far can you go?
4. Our Olympic Herit age, y From Olympia to Beijing the desire to overcome indi vidual limits and reach higher levels of performance has t urned men into champions. Discover where your strength lies. Discover Halter used for strength training, Greek Archaic period. 2000 SYDNEY 776 b.c. OLYMPIA
11. 11 Ergonomics: designed around you. The Olympic athletes who use our equipment can rest assured in the knowledge t hat they can work to improve their performance in complete safety and comfort. Our equipmen t is finely tuned to provide the best training experience and the best results to every user incorporating a number of unique design features. BODY PRINT SYSTEM The special high-density upholstery filling adapts to the shape of the body, providing a stabilizing effect and maximum comfort during exercise. VISUAL FLAGS Yellow flags show the correct position of body on the equipment to make adjustments easier and training more effective. SEAT ADJUSTMENT Because our machines are built around your body, once you’ve found the seat adjustment best suited to you, this will be the same for all PURESTRENGTH™ equipment. If you are a number 6 on the Chest Press, you’ll be a 6 on all other pieces. PURE GRIP Thanks to the ergonomic design, the push and pull movements become more effective and comfortable due to distributing load more evenly. The surface provides a grained texture to increase grip and prevent lateral slipping. The markings indicate correct hand position and the special alluminium, copper and silicon alloy ensures maximum durability. ERGONOMICS EASY TO USE
13. 13 PURESTRENGTH™ offers the freedom and pure feel of free weights in complete safety wi thout risk of injuries. This is because our equipment sets the highest standards of biome chanics, ergonomics and safety to provide the best possible experience and results. PURE WARM UP & STRETCH This innovative and unique feature enables users to complete the Warm Up of specific muscles group before exercise to prevent potential injuries and to stretch and relax muscles afterwards. The pure Warm up & Stretch is a standard feature on each machine. SAFET Y MOVEMENT TRAJECTORY We carried out a very accurate and detailed analysis during an extensive number of test exercises to define the best movement trajectory for each machine. PURESTRENGTH™ provides performance and safety during training whilst maintaining the natural physiological capacity for movement around the joints. MUSCLE ACTIVATION Biomechanical principles provide the basis for the design of PURESTRENGTH™ , enabling maximum muscle activation throughout the variance in force output. WORKLOAD DISTRIBUTION The optimal workload distribution for each machine was obtained by testing users of different sizes followed by accurate data analysis, to produce movement trajectory with maximum torque, from beginning to end, along the physiological range of motion. PERFORMANCE Performance: superior results and safety.
9. 9 Biomechanics forms the pillar of our Wellness Design. It stands for user safet y, comfort and performance. It guarantees that all our equipment respects the physiological movement of the body without the stress or trauma that other equipment may cause. PURESTRENGTH™ embodies 25 years of biomechanical research and our extensive experience a s exclusive supplier to the Olympic Games and to the world of professional sport and events. With PURESTRENGTH™ we’ve taken training on plate loaded equipment to new levels of performance, safety and enjoyment. By drawing on the essence of strength itself, reproducing natural physiological movements, trajectories and effective distribution of intensity, our equipment provides a basis to maximize total body strength training within a safe, supported environment. The load is distribuited according to the natural expression of muscolar strength, following its curve and range of motion. Biomechanics: the language of strength. 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 85 80 75 typical utilization range 90 95 100 20 120 Normalized required User force (N) equipment angle (°) PULL DOWN m = 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 Kg equipment angle (°) Normalized required User force (N) 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 70 60 50 typical utilization range 80 90 100 120 20 CHEST PRESS m = 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 Kg 120 20 equipment angle (°)
27. 27 DESIGN ARMS: GN PURESTRENGTH™ Yellow UPHOLSTERY: V Black Gymgo STRUCTURE: NB Textured Black SPORT EDITION Synthesis of form and function, the design of PURESTRENGTH™ conveys both a sense of sleek elegance and solidity, translating the liberating sense of freedom into form. The stylish design and high-touch finishing materials give PURESTRENGTH™ a unique look and feel that will boost performance and enjoyment. PLATE SET The new urethane-encased plates offer improved safety, durability and usability. The unique design makes them safe and easy to read, carry and handle. OPTIONAL POWER PAD - A0000381 The ergonomic pad may be placed behind the back when using the CHEST PRESS, INCLINE PRESS, WIDE CHEST PRESS and SHOULDER PRESS to achieve a more challenging exercise. Weight (kg) 1,25 2,5 5 10 20 Nr. 2 2 2 4 4 The PLATE SET totals 137,5 Kgs in weight. We suggest one set per machine and two for the LEG PRESS. URETHANE-ENCASED PLATE SET - FAK1
24. Length 1120 mm 44 in Width 1710 mm 67 in Height 1170 mm 46 in Machine Weight 150 Kg 330 lbs Max Load 280 Kg 617 lbs This machine activates the calves’ muscles, with- out stressing the spine. The elliptical shape of th e platform ensures maximum articular excursion and muscular involvement even in the last degrees of the ankle range of motion. A pre-start system enables tall users to avoid exce s- sive knee tension at the beginning of the exercise. CALF MG4500 Muscles : Gastrocnemius Soleus Main related activities : basketball, sprint, rugby, wrestling , volleyball, ski jumping, high jump, weight lifting , cross country skiing, skating, judo, handball, dancing.
20. This machine replicates the retraction movement at the bar, activating the latissimus dorsi. The move- ment is independent, for a better neuromuscular involvement and for symmetrical development of the muscles. The machine is provided with a handle to improve stability when performing unilateral exercises. PULLDOWN MG2000 Length 1110 mm 44 in Width 1740 mm 68 in Height 1990 mm 78 in Machine Weight 150 Kg 330 lbs Max Load 200 Kg 441 lbs Muscles : Latissimus dorsi Biceps Rhomboids Trapezius (Lower) Main related activities : swimming, freeclimbing, rugby, wrestling, judo.
25. 25 REAR KICK MG4000 This machine replicates the rear kick movement, in a closed kinetic chain, involving the hamstrings and gluteal muscles. The wide pushing footplate enables training from different working angles. The pelvic pad allows users to relax the back, whilst the ground leg pad reduces the weight of the body on the supporting limb. Length 1115 mm 44 in Width 1330 mm 52 in Height 1650 mm 65 in Machine Weight 140 Kg 308 lbs Max Load 120 Kg 265 lbs Main related activities : football, skating, soccer, wrestling , judo, sumo, cross country skiing, swimming; rugby, handball, race walking, volleyball, basketball. Muscles : Gluteus Hamstrings Quadriceps
16. This machine replicates the dumbbell extension movement on the flat bench. The trajectory follows the best physiological movement for shoulder ar- ticulation. The movement is independent, for a better neu- romuscular involvement and for symmetrical de- velopment of the muscles. CHEST PRESS MG0500 Length 1500 mm 59 in Width 1200 mm 47 in Height 1715 mm 67 in Machine Weight 164 Kg 361 lbs Max Load 200 Kg 441 lbs Muscles : Pectoralis Major Triceps Deltoids (Anterior) Main related activities : rugby, shot put, football, canoeing, boxing, basketball, volleyball, weight lifting, wrestling, judo, gymnastics, bobsleigh.
18. This machine enables users to perform a movement similar to lifting dumbbells on the decline bench, activating the lower chest muscles. The trajectory follows the most effective physiolog i- cal movement for shoulder articulation. The move- ment is independent, for a better neuro-muscular involvement and for a symmetrical development of the muscles. WIDE CHEST PRESS MG1000 Length 1450 mm 57 in Width 1182 mm 46 in Height 1730 mm 68 in Machine Weight 170 Kg 374 lbs Max Load 200 Kg 441 lbs Muscles : Pectorals Major Triceps Deltoids (Anterior) Main related activities : gymnastics, rugby, shot put, wrestling, judo, bobsleigh, football, kayaking, swimming, golf, martial arts.
22. LOW ROW MG2500 Length 1320 mm 52 in Width 1250 mm 49 in Height 1630 mm 64 in Machine Weight 125 Kg 275 lbs Max Load 200 Kg 441 lbs Muscles : Latissimus dorsi Biceps Deltoids (Posterior) Trapezius Main related activities : judo, wrestling, rugby, rowing, canoeing, field archery, kayaking, weight lifting, sumo. This machine replicates the pulling movement to- wards the chest and the chin at the end of the exer - cise, activating the latissimus dorsi and the middle and upper trapezius. The multiple handgrips enable the user to diversify the exercise. The arm movemen t is independent, for a better neuro-muscular involvemen t and for symmetrical development of the muscles. The machine is equipped with a handle to improve stabil- ity when performing unilateral exercises. The wide platform also offers maximum stability during use.
17. 17 INCLINE CHEST PRESS MG1500 This machine replicates the dumbbell extension movement on the incline bench, activating the up- per chest muscles. The trajectory follows the most effective physiological movement for shoulder artic- ulation. The movement is independent, for a better neuromuscular involvement and for a symmetrical development of the muscles. The real minimum workload at the handgrip is 500 grams. Length 1540 mm 61 in Width 1030 mm 40 in Height 1685 mm 66 in Machine Weight 160 Kg 353 lbs Max Load 160 Kg 353 lbs Muscles : Pectoralis Major Triceps Deltoids (Anterior) Main related activities : boxing, shot put, rugby, javelin, football, canoeing, basketball, volleyball , weight lifting, wrestling, judo, gymnastics, bobsleigh, swimming, waterpolo.
19. 19 SHOULDER PRESS MG3500 This machine replicates the overhead press on the frontal plane, activating the Deltoids. The trajectory is the safest for shoulder articulation, avoiding any articulary stress. The movement is independent, for a better neu- romuscular involvement and for symmetrical devel- opment of the muscles. The true minimum workload at the handgrip is 500 grams. Length 1290 mm 51 in Width 1260 mm 50 in Height 1485 mm 58 in Machine Weight 140 Kg 308 lbs Max Load 200 Kg 441 lbs Muscles : Deltoids Triceps Trapezius (Upper) Main related activities : gymnastics, weight lifting, shot put, rugby, volleyball, wrestling, judo, hammer throw, football, bobsleigh.
21. 21 ROW MG3000 This machine replicates the traditional pulling move- ment towards the chest, activating the latissimus dorsi. The multiple handgrips enable the user to diver- sify the exercise. The movement is independent, for a better neuro-muscular involvement and for sym- metrical development of the muscles. The machine is equipped with a handle to improve stability when performing unilateral exercises. The wide footplate also offers maximum stability during use. Length 1190 mm 47 in Width 1380 mm 54 in Height 1300 mm 51 in Machine Weight 135 Kg 297 lbs Max Load 200 Kg 441 lbs Muscles : Latissimus dorsi Biceps Trapezius Deltoids (Posterior) Main related activities : rowing, canoeing, weight lifting, wrestling, judo, rugby, field archery, kayaking, volleyball.
23. 23 LEG PRESS MG5000 This machine replicates the extension movement of the lower limbs, in closed kinetic chain. A pre-start system enables the user to begin the ex- ercise from an easy starting position without limiting the ROM. The wide pushing footplate enables training from different working angles. The project develop- ment of this machine enables the user to perform fully efficient unilateral movements. And an intuitive three-position stop system ensures maximum user safety. Length 1780 mm 70 in Width 2060 mm 81 in Height 1525 mm 60 in Machine Weight 215 Kg 474 lbs Max Load 480 Kg 1058 lbs Muscles : Quadriceps Gluteus Hamstrings Main related activities : volleyball, sprint, rugby, alpine ski, weight lifting, skating, wrestling, judo, sumo, basketball, high jump, ski jumping, handball.
26. COMPLEMENTS Length 670 mm 26 in Width 670 mm 26 in Height 1145 mm 45 in Machine Weight 60 Kg 132 lbs Machines are available with or without optional plate storage attachment to give clients maximum lay out flexibility. GROUND PLATE RACK This space-saving solution enables facilities to reduce distance between machines. We suggest one plate rack for every three machines. MACHINE PLATE STORAGE HOLDERS Plates are stacked directly on the machine. Space between machines needs to be increased following this suggested scheme. MG1000 Wide Chest Press MG2500 Low Row MG3000 Row MG4000 Rear Kick MG5000 Leg Press MG4500 Calf 2 HOLDER SET - A0000374 MG1500 Incline Chest Press MG0500 Chest Press MG3500 Shoulder Press MG2000 Pull Down 4 HOLDER SET - A0000375 PLATE RACK - A0000356 3,5 m. 2,5 m. 3,5 m. 2,5 m.
28. www.technogym.com ITALY TECHNOGYM SpA Via Giorgio Perticari, 20 470 5 GAMBETTOLA (FC) Ph. + 0547 56047 Fax + 0547 650505 E-mail: [email protected] GERMANY TECHNOGYM Wellness & Biomedical GmbH Im Geisbaum 10 6 2 EGELSBACH Ph. +4 610 201240 Fax +4 610 2012410 E-mail: info _ [email protected] U.S.A. TECHNOGYM USA Corp. 8 0 Fourth Avenue South - Suite 00 SEATTLE WA 81 4 Ph. +1 206 62 1488 Toll free: 800 8040 52 Fax +1 206 62 18 8 E-mail: [email protected] UNITED KINGDOM TECHNOGYM UK LTD. Doncastle House Doncastle Road - Bracknell BERKSHIRE RG12 8PE Ph. +44 1 44 002 6 Fax +44 1 44 002 8 E-mail: UK _ [email protected] BENELUX TECHNOGYM BENELUX B.V. Rhijnspoor 25 2 01 LB Capelle a/d IJssel Ph. + 1 10 422 222 Fax + 1 10 4222568 E-mail: [email protected] FRANCE TECHNOGYM FRANCE SAS 4, Rue Nieuport B.P. N.10 7814 VELIZY CEDEX Ph. + 1 4582585 Fax + 1 4582588 E-mail: inf[email protected] SPAIN TECHNOGYM TRADING S.A. Parque de negocios Mas Blau Ed. Océano 1 c/Garrotxa, 10-12 Bajos ª 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona Ph. + 4 02 101 0 Fax + 4 704 7 6 E-mail: [email protected] PORTUGAL TECHNOGYM TRADING S.A. Parque das Nações Edifício Smart - R. Pólo Norte, Lt.1.06.1.1 - Piso 1 - Fracção 1F 1 0-075 Lisboa Ph. + 51 21 8 40 0 Fax + 51 21 8 40 E-mail: [email protected] JAPAN TECHNOGYM JAPAN Ltd Shibakoen Bldg. F -5-5 Shiba, Minato-ku Tokyo, 105-0014 Japan Ph. +81 5765 7788 Fax +81 5765 778 E-mail: [email protected] CHINA TECHNOGYM (Shanghai) INTERNATIONAL TRADING Co., Ltd. Room 101, No. 8-4 Yanping road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200042 Ph. +86 21 5888 6 55 / 5175 8 Fax +86 21 5888 6 50 E-mail: sales _ [email protected] UAE TECHNOGYM EMIRATES LLC P.O. Box 115158 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Ph. + 71 4 75 7 Fax + 71 4 72660 E-mail: [email protected] OTHER COUNTRIES TECHNOGYM SpA Via Giorgio Perticari, 20 470 5 GAMBETTOLA (FC) ITALY Ph. + 0547 650500 Fax + 0547 6505 1 E-mail: [email protected] 0S00058 AA-UK 00/07 Technogym®, The Wellness Company™, PURESTRENGTH™ are trademarks owned by Technogym® S.p.a. in Italy and other countries. Technogym® reserves the right to modify its products and docu - mentation without prior notice. iPod is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.